Welcome to HeroSmash!
*Mechanical Announcement Voice* Good Evening! We interrupt your regularly scheduled broadcast for an announcement by our beloved Mayor, Yergen Von Smergenbergen!
...You heard me! I want a 78.479% tax on bacon! Why? Because I don't want anyone else buying besides me! Do not underestimate my love for bacon! What?! Don't call me a poopy pants just because bacon is going to be more expensive! Yeah? Well you're a... Wait, we're live? Umm...
Hello! I’m Mayor Yergen Von Smergenbergen. Today, I’m sending out a call for all the Superhumans out there. Our great city of Super City, along with many other cities and towns around the globe, are in great danger! And only the greatest Heroes, and even Villains, can save us! We need you to explore the world, completing quests from various citizens, fellow Heroes and Villains, and the occasional talking animal!
Join us in a world where you create your own identity for yourself! Become famous (or infamous)! Assemble and hone your own arsenal of superpowers to save citizens or destroy your enemies! Battle friends and foes in our Smashdome! Go shopping on Main Street… (Okay, normal people can do that too, but Superhumans need clothes and shoes too, right?) Only at Herosmash, the free MMORPG you can play in your browser! 100% Download Free, No Trans Fat! So join us today!
***END OF TRANSMISSION***
Create your Hero or Villian or Read more on the Design Notes
Randor the Red
Hiya SMASHers! I’m letting know since I returned to Earth from my time on the Red Planet, we’ve been revamping the HeroSmash website as we begin meeting with a new team of artists, writers, and testers.
Things are coming along well with the help of Occavatra and Inanitas, who will be our newest volunteer writers whose work you now see in the new section promoting artix.com web and mobile games.
More to come so stay tuned (and fit) for more news and upcoming goodies!
Changes to Membership!
The HS/AQW 'VIP' system has ended. To clarify, the cross promotion between HeroSmash and AQWorlds has ended. Buying an AQW membership no longer gives you anything in HeroSmash.
SmashCoins are still available, so anything that is not for free players, can be bought with SC (SmashCoins). In the future, membership 'may' return as a HeroSmash only membership system (this depends on the player count and interest in the game).
So goods news for our loyal supporters! If you are currently a member (or had a membership), you get 50 more YEARS of membership for free.
On July 7th 2014, all members received a one-time gift of 5,000 SmashCoins for each month of membership they had left (if they had 2 months of membership left, you got 10,000 SC).
Only the membership system has chaged, nothing else. This will not change items at all. Membership buttons will be removed from maps to avoid confusion and will be updating the pop-up menu for 'Redeem' button in HALdroid.
Help Us Test Games in Alpha & Beta!
AdventureQuest 3D - Multi-Player Multi-Device MMO!
A three-dimensional adventure that sets the beloved world of Lore to astonishing new and realistic environments.
- AQ3D is currently in its Alpha Test.
- Open Beta starting around October.
- Doomwood Forest is currently one of the newly released and reimagined zones in the game.
- Brand new swords have been added. Some of them are found in Artix's Shop while they are drops from an insanely hard skeletal boss, Undead Terror.
- A teaser trailer for AQ3D featuring a runaway frogzard was released parodying Grand Theft Auto. It was a hilariously terrible idea thought up by Artix.
- Do note that Frogzards are not rideable.
- For players who have tested during the AQ3D Tech Demo, earlier in August, their AQW accounts were rewarded with a Tech Demo Badge on their character pages and a starsword.
- At the end of the Alpha Phase, those who tested during that length of time were rewarded with the Alpha Knight, a golden dragon like armor set designed by Dage the Evil.
- Dage and Thyton have been drawing a large variety of armors for AQ3D. Some of them can be viewed on Dage's Twitter and it is clear that he finds enjoyment experimenting with them.
- The armors are painted on Photoshop, which has a 3D painting tool that allows you to spin around and design on a three-dimensional model.
- Artix strongly believes that normality is overrated and that huge, unexpected surprises must happen when exploring places.
- Normal = Boring
- "The extreme always makes an impression." - a quote from the movie Heathers
Bio Beasts - NEW MOBILE GAME!
Blast your way through endless waves in one of the most ferocious laboratory prison breaks yet.
- Coming September 2015
- So no blood and gore is involved, enemies in BioBeasts spew out robotic parts upon defeat.
- Behind every story, there is an iconic and fascinating final boss/antagonist.
- Devoting extra time and attention when creating a final boss is one of the most important characteristics to consider when designing a game.
- The final boss must be able to test the player to their greatest strength and wits. These tests are conducted so that achieving a level of mastery over a game is possible.
- A video was released to demonstrate gameplay and testing conducted by Titan and Charfade.
- Each wave introduces new enemies and the difficulty level rises as the game continues.
- BioBits are pieces of currency earned after each game. The better the score and performance, the more currency that can be earned.
- BioBeasts is currently in its Testing Phase.
- Unlike AE's browser games, mobile products must be released with a polished touch or else the reception won't be sweet.
- On another note, a BioBeast package will also be released in EpicDuel.
- There will be more details once the concepts have been finalized so follow the Twitter accounts belonging to the ED team to stay up-to-date on the concept art and posts regarding further details.
- Competition in the game industry is fierce especially since it was made clear during E3.
- In order for BioBeasts to thrive, a variety of talent from the other AE team were brought in.
- Artists like Memet and Cysero have been helping this team by designing playable beasts and enemies that will make the gameplay more challenging.
- Game development is not something that can happen in a vacuum. It often relies on teamwork to put into fruition.
Undead Assault - Minigame, inspired by the Orginal!
Smite endless waves of skeletons and undead baddies on the go.
- Undead Assault is a remake and likely reimagination of the classic Flash game on ebilgames.com
- The classic was made for fun by the creators of the Classic AQ.
- The remake is intended to be a smaller scope project and is being developed by J6, Diozz, and Kraken.
- The classic Undead Assault is level-oriented while the remake will be an endless runner.
- Obtain rewards and goodies to aid Artix in the battlefield.
- Fill the Skull Meter on the lower-right hand corner to launch an unstoppable attack.
- For the skull on the left, collect six times to activate that skull's surprise.
- One of the unique and fun features in the remake is that a large red dragon and a variety of pets can aid Artix in his quest.
Latest Games that are Out Now!
VelocityAE - NEW MOBILE GAME!
Embark on an arcade-like journey into a road of color-changing squares.
- VelocityAE is a retro-style app that Rolith coded and it wasn't made by Artix Entertainment at all.
- The goal of the game is to survive as long as possible.
- But the difficulty level is enormous and will only get harder and faster as the gameplay lasts.
- If you survive for ten seconds, it would make you a gaming god, but what about 30? 60? 90? ....or 120? Challenge yourself and increase your score.
- Lucikly for you, you are free to play through these twists and turns as many times as you like because a super-talented mechanic fixes up your ship every time you crash into a geometric square.
- New ships to choose from will be unlocked every 10000 overall points.
- Whenever Rolith has time to spare, he writes additional code "for funsies" as he would say.
- He was able to build an arcade runner in a single night and that was when VelocityAE came to life.
- While Rolith built the game by himself, Cysero assisted him by building the 8-bit artwork for the spaceships while Korin helped with the 3D meshing process.
- Rolith wanted to keep VelocityAE a secret from Artix to surprise him when the game gets put on the App Store.
- Soon enough, Rolith showed Artix the newly-released VelocityAE and started playing. He was enamored by the game, even after he found out it was already released.
- Artix, while skeptical that VelocityAE was out before he knew it, was relieved that Rolith had not made another pony-themed game
- One already scared the living daylights out of him when such a pony game went live several years ago.
- Despite VelocityAE's release, Rolith continues to work on finding ways to evolve the Velocity concept. Critteam's website should tell you all about it.
- If you find fascination in the 8-bit era and you miss going to arcades as a kid, then VelocityAE is the game for you.
Care for a variety of dangerous or cuddly dragons by collecting gems to increase their legendary powers?
AdventureQuest: Battle Gems!
Be the first to play our 1st major mobile game, AdventureQuest: Battle Gems! Over a million downloads!
Bladehaven, the first-person slasher RPG! Play as a young squire, Aiden, on his quest to save a princess from a evil Knight and a Dragon! During your quest you will travel the land, fight several different enemy types, collect gold to purchase awesome gear, and more! Fans of MechQuest will recognize the mysterious villain, and fans of AQWorlds can get access to an exclusive Non-Legend pet by purchasing a Mercenary Contract! Head on over to Portal.Battleon.com now and start slashing today!
"Meh, Artix and them don't know what they're talking about. If want to play *real* flash games, check out Ebilgames.com! Play as Voltaire's teddy bear, Deady, or everyone's favorite, Jimmy the Eye! Or play my favorite, Moglin Punter, where you get to punt that naive Moglin, Twilly, around! Meh heh heh! And if you punt Twilly good enough, I might be less ebil and let you get some cool items in DragonFable! So go to Ebilgames.com... Or else!" - Zorbak
Have you ever wanted some of your most epic loot from your favorite Artix Entertainment games? Well now you can!... Sorta. At HeroMart, we have all your Artix Entertainment merch you could ever want! Want a new Panda Hoodie? Got it! Want some amazing posters drawn by our most talented artists? Got them too! I’m pretty sure we had Undead Slaying Toilet Paper at one point (Out of Stock and saving lives!) … Anyway… Come to HeroMart! For all your adventuring needs and hobbies!
Use the Help Pages!
Player Support is the first line of defense whenever you have ANY issue, be it payment, account, technical, or game-related, and we personally read EVERY email sent to us. We’re a small team, but we are MIGHTY in our power to help solve your problems and make sure you enjoy our games as much as possible!!
The Player Support team is made up of:
- Nythera, head of Player Support
- and Lady Tomo
- Stratos helps too, when he has time!
Where Else to Get Help?
You should only email the Help Pages! For us to help you in the best and fastest way possible, we NEED you to use them, not Twitter, Facebook, or the forum!
If you post on Twitter, Facebook, or the forum, that just means our team members need to redirect you to the Help Pages anyways! (It's also very easy for our team members to miss your important posts on social networking sites, because sometimes they need to sleep.)
Using the Help Pages right from the start means we can start helping you confidentially and directly as soon as we read your email. (Remember, because real people read each email we get, it may take between 1-3 business days to respond!)
Where ARE the Help Pages?
You can find them linked on each of our game websites!
Account Safety Tips
There’s nothing I enjoy less than a stolen account. I’m sure you feel the same way - who wouldn’t?! So here are some tips to help keep your account safe and out of the hands of thieves.
- Never share your account with anyone! Not even a friend. Every person who knows your password makes your account less secure.
- Use a secure password! Use both letters AND numbers, use both upper and lower case, and make sure your password is at least 8 characters long.
- Confirm your email with us! This makes sure your email can’t be changed without your permission.
- Never enter your account name and/or password into any site or email that isn’t owned by Artix Entertainment!
We Don't Want to Ban or Mute You!
We have rules in place to help keep ALL our players safe and having fun in AQWorlds! Make sure you follow the rules so you don't have your account muted, banned, or disabled! Not sure if something's ok to do? Review the rules!